Do you think it is a metastasis to the bone?
In 2008 I was diagnosed w/ Stage III-A Breast Cancer with a Grade 9 tumor.  I underwent a mastectomy, chemotherapy (ACT & Taxol) and radiation.  About one week ago, I discovered what appears to be a malformation in my rib cage which is new.  The bony area is higher than my regular ribs and seems to be egg shaped.  Beside the enlarged area lies an area that dips down lower than the regular part of the rib.  Does this sound like a metastasis?  Could it be something else?  I am so afraid & my appt. w/ the oncologist isn't for two weeks.  
I do not know enough to say whether or not this could be a bone metastasis.  If I were you, I would call my oncologist and tell them about this and see if they want to test this to determine what it is.  They may wait until your appointment or do something sooner.  But for your peace of mind, they are the ones to best determine if there is any cause for concern.  I am not an expert on bone issues, but I'm sure that there are multiple possibilities for a bump like that and the only way to know is to get it checked.

All people with a previous history of cancer, when something new appears, are extra concerned that it might be cancer returned.  Do not let it panic you, but bring it to your doctors' attention and then find out what it is.  I always tell my doctors about things like this and then ask, "Is this prudence or panic?"  Because sometimes it is hard to tell if I am overly concerned or not.  My doctors usually chuckle when I ask that and say, "Prudence.  It's just a ....  But I'm glad you checked it out."  I am thinking of you.
Hi there, I wanted to ask you if there is pain involved, and how bad it is?

I understand that you are worried and I have  had mets the bone, but in my case there was pain that was undeniable, but I do not know if that must be a condition for bone mets.

This could very well be something else and in my experience Oncologists are not too interested in anything unrelated to cancer.  A scan will most likely be ordered, but if you are dismissed for any reason by the oncologist, proceed to follow up with another physician who is specialized in other than oncology.

All the best, and let us know, as I would be very interested.. Katrin
I would also ask for an earlier appointment. If the secretary says all is booked up, tell her to call you down if there is a cancellation. KAT