Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
ER,PR, HER-2-NEU

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

ER,PR, HER-2-NEU

my mother have a stage 3 breast cancer. Just got the result of her ER,PR & HER-2-NEU.
according to her dr its better to have a positive results on her ER & PR and negative on HER-2-NEU.
Does it mean she will be having difficulties on her medication?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hi.  It is not clear to me what the results of your mother's ER/PR and HER-2 assays are, so I can't give a definite answer to your question if she's going to have difficulties with her medication.  What I'm going  to do is explain a little about those tests.

The ER/PR assay measures the amount of estrogen receptors (ER) and progesterone receptors (PR) in cancer cells.  The implication is that cancer cells with high levels of ER and PR are susceptible to hormonal treatment aimed at opposing the stimulatory effects of estrogen on those cells.  Conversely, cancer cells with low ER/PR levels grow independently of estrogen stimulation, and therefore would be resistant to the effects of hormonal treatment.  Because of this resistance, tumors with low ER/PR levels may have a poorer outcome than those with high levels.

HER-2 is a receptor found on the surface of breast cancer cells. It accepts stimulatory growth signals from a substance called epidermal growth factor.  The HER-2 assay measures the amount of HER-2 on the surface of cancer cells.  Tumors with high levels of HER-2 are usually more aggressive than HER-2 negative types and they may be resistant to certain kinds of chemotherapy.  HER-2 positive cancers  may have a poorer outcome compared to those that are negative for this test. Fortunately, there is already a drug in the market called trastuzumab which specifically targets this type of breast cancer.

If your mother is ER/PR negative and HER-2 positive, she may have difficulty with certain medication in the sense that her tumor would have resistance to hormonal treatment and certain types of chemotherapy.  But this does not mean that it is not possible for her to get effective treatment.  Newer chemotherapeutic agents, together with trastuzumab have been proven to be very effective against this type of breast cancer.
ER,PR,HER-2-NEU are all  tumour markers in breast cancer cells. Any specimen of breast tumour excised is also tested for these markers in addition to the routine histopathology examination.
Has already explained about these markers, let's not go into their details.
The main purpose of these marker analysis is to prescribe medication during follow up.
They are useful in determining the prognosis of the individual.
Rather than causing any difficulty, they aid in prescribing drugs.
MAMOGRAMS CAUSE CANCER --

http://www.newstarget.com/010886.html   MAMOGRAMS CAUSE CANCE  
Lady007

12/10/07
ALL  Cellular Zeolite...WHY ARE DOCTORS NOT USING THIS STUFF?  Instead of killing people with their toxic chemotheraphy and breaking peoples systems down then sending them home to die...its cruel.  Chemo is designed to give people hope that their doctors know what is right. Here are some statistics by two prominent Professors one an Oncologist, the other a Radiologist.

http://www.laetrile.com.au/otherpages/chemo1.htm

--------------------

where to purchase cellular zeolite online :-  

http://www.zeolitedirect.com/zeolite-products.php

Cancer Strategy #1: Use Zeolite To Kill Cancer Cells...
Without Harming Your Body

Chemotherapy and radiation therapy tries to kill the cancerous cells. Unfortunately, they often harm your body in the process. There are natural supplements that do a good job of killing cancerous cells, but don't cause harm to your body. A few supplements do have potential to be toxic to the body, and should probably just be used in conjunction with a naturopath or alternative doctor. These include cesium, artemisia, and B17. In this report you will learn only about completely safe cancer supplements that can be used with no supervision.

You may well ask why , if a safe and natural product is able to kill cancer, doesn't your doctor recommend it. Of course, he probably doesn't know about it, but even if he did, he's not likely to use it.

It's the nature of the medical/drug industry. Doctors use and recommend drugs that are approved in a process that costs hundreds of millions of dollars. The drug companies only make drugs that can be patented. That way they can sell them for huge mark-ups and have no competition.  
Lady007

12/10/07
ALL  Did you know that CAT SCANS are equivalent to 400 chest xrays in Radiation.  

Did you know that TAXOL kills veins and cripples the area where its been administered....

Did you know that HERCEPTIN 2 gives your cardiotoxidity...weakens your HEART...TAXOL combined with HER2 Govt approved only if you take HER2 WITH TAXOL...wow  That sounds like blackmail..Their aim is to kill you one way or the other.  
Lady007

12/10/07
ALL  After feeling three lumps in my left breast last december 2006.  They did a mamogram (mammogram) on the breast and you could see the lumps quiet clear.  I then went on to have the biopsy which was via Ultra sound visual system by which you could see the lumps quiet clear again.  These lumps turned out to be grade 3 Cancer, which had infected two lympnodes.   I then had surgery after nuclear dye had been administered to keep the Doc on track when removing my breast and finding all the supposed infected areas. The surgeon took 15 lympnodes plus the sentinal gland in this operation along with the whole breast removal.  It was the ongoing treatment that had me rather bewildered as to the system of which followed.  I was hit with AC x 4 Cyclophosphamide, Amend, Granistron, Hydrochlorid, and  Dexamethasone [sent my sugar levels sky high spent week in hospital with that] with maxalon to stabalize my system and diabetic 2 medications.  This was only in the first 4 treatments at 3 week intervals.  Then HER2 combined with TAXOL another 4 treatments...Now I am down onto HER2 on its own...My heart rate first up was 38% next 42% next 47% the next test is pending.  I have decided that if the heart does not come up over 50% next test that my treatment should be stopped.  I need an opinion here?  
Lady007

12/10/07
ALL  To my way of thinking my breast should have been hit with radiation to shrink the cancer berfore surgery was administered.  Thus giving a more direct approach to the cancer via the surgeon.  Then when the wound was healed I should have been hit again with radiation.  Then to complete the process of doses of HER2 on its own....In my opinion...too many mistakes have been made on this problem with not enough thought gone into it...I also need an opionion here?

Lady007

12/11/07
ALL  http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/doctoring1.html

CORRUPT PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY.  They pay big money to keep us sick with medicines, that in the long term kill us.