Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Going forward with Treatment
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Going forward with Treatment

I need to have a third port put in for cancer treatment for the third time.  The first time it was in my left shoulder. The second time it was in my right shoulder.  The second one caused blood clots in my right arm that had to be treated.
I need to know if it would be possible to place a third one in my body and if so where could it go and how likely would blood clots occur being that it happened with the second one?   I take asprin and garlic for blood thinning and no longer am on prescription blood thinners.