INVASIVE LOBULAR CANCER
DECEMBER 2009 I FOUND A BREAST LUMP AND AFTER A MAMMOGRAM WAS TOLD THERE WAS NOTHING THERE TO EITHER PALPATE OR ON MAMMOGRAM. IN JUNE 2011 I WENT BACK TO MY GP AS THE LUMP WAS STILL PALPABLE AND HAD CHANGED  TO TOUCH. FOLLOW UP BY THE BREAST CLINIC RESULTED IN MAMMOGRAM,ULTRSOUND SCAN AND CORE NEEDLE BIOPSY OF 2 HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS LUMPS. DIAGNOSIS INVASIVE LOBULAR CARCINOMA STAGE 2-3. I AM CURRENTLY WATING ON THE RESULTS OF AN MRI SCAN. IS IT LIKELY THAT THE ORIGINAL LUMP IN DECEMBER 2009 WAS THE SAME LUMP AND THAT OF LCIS
There really is no way to tell. Sadly, ILC is camera shy. When you get a mammogram you sign paperwork that states that mammograms detect approximately 85% of cancers. ILC is in the 15% that it doesn't often catch. Ultrasound technology can see it sometimes but it's best imaged by MRI.

I had regular mammograms and ultrasounds and had a fluid filled cyst which I believe saved my life. Mammograms never found my cancer. Ultra sound missed it for who knows how many years. And then one day they told me my mammogram was clear... but the cyst didn't show up so I knew it wasn't a good mammogram. Sure enough, they finally found a 1.5cm mass behind the cyst with the ultrasound. The MRI showed that mass in it's entirety to be 10 cm.

Start researching now about Invasive Lobular Carcinoma. It tends to go bilateral and for that reason I had both breasts removed and had DIEP breast reconstruction. I didn't ever want to have to go through that again.

Good luck with your treatment. You can do this!