Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Long Term Taxol side effects
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Long Term Taxol side effects

Why is it that before I had breast cancer and recieved chemo and radiation that I never got sick other than an occasional cold, and after recieving 12 weeks of Taxol im a physical mess...my hands hurt and my knuckles are deformed and my legs hurt all the time, I cant sit long and I cant stand for very long...I was told i now have periphial nueropathy in my legs which can happen with Taxol but doctors dont take it seriously and not can be done....Im a very physical person and for the last 3 years I hate leaving my house even to work.......so to the doctors out there im sorry to say we know our bodies the best and its not always in our heads...the PAIN does excist.....