Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Micro Calcification, 2 lymphe nodes are clear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Hi All, as I mentioned it earlier, my sister has Micro Calcification with clusters all over  her right breast(Almost 9cm).Mastectomy has performed and her 2 lymph nodes are clear and doctors sent for Pathology Test and out of 100 pieces 36 were negitive and waiting for the remaining 64 test results. So, can you please let me know her condition and what stage she is in. She is just 36years old and a mother of 6years and 2years old kids.
Hi.
How is your sister doing?
Just have some clarifications.  What do you mean by “out of 100 pieces 36 were negative and waiting for the remaining 64 test results”?  What are those “100 pieces”?  Do you already have the final histopathological diagnosis?
Staging of breast cancer uses the TNM classification.  This takes into account the tumor size (T), nodal status (N), and presence or absence of metastasis (M).  
You mentioned in your previous post that your sister has ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS).  Based on the TNM staging, DCIS is a stage 0 disease.  Prognosis is generally good.
Hope this helps.
God bless.
She has calcification extesively around 10 cm.  May be this is the size.

So far Nodes ( sentinal nodes ) do not show any sign of invasive cells.  Doctor has taken out the sentinal nodes during the mastectomy and they looked under microscope for signs of spreading.  It did not spread and they stopped at that point and not taken out any more nodes. During the operation they have tested those nodes 6-7 times.  They will look deep inside after the surgery by pathology department.

Our doctor said, the extracted mass was sent to pathology department and they will test that in more than 100 places and test for any sign of invasive cancer.  As of Friday, they have checked 36 places( of the extracted mass ) and it does not show any invasive cancer cells.  Doctor said, they will continue to look more deep inside and the result will come out by next week.

Regarding further analysis, doctor said as part of the analysis he may have her gene tested.  May be this may tell something about metastasis??  I am not sure of this one.

Hi.
When will the official result of the pathology report be available?
I think we may have to wait for the official result of the pathology report.  You have mentioned that the pathologists are already working on the specimen.  They are also looking for signs of invasion in the breast mass from the mastectomy specimen, and not only in the lymph nodes harvested.
The gene you mentioned may be the Her2Neu gene.  Overexpression of which confers a risk of recurrence.  Her2Neu is one of the prognostic factors in breast cancer.
Aside from Her2Neu, there are also other prognostic factors that will be considered.  These include the stage of the disease (tumor size, lymph node status), hormone receptor status, and presence or absence of proliferation indices.  
You need to discuss further treatment with your mother’s oncologist once the final pathology report becomes available.
Good luck.
Hi Doctor, my sisters pathology report came and the surgeon told her that every thing is normal and she doesn’t need to take any treatments including the medication. He just told her to go for check ups for every 6 months. Will it be Ok, the person with DICS (9CM Micro calcification all over her right breast and Mastectomy has performed) with out taking any other treatments and medication? One way I'm happy that my sister is out of danger, but the other way I have a concern about re occurrence if she doesn’t take any medication. Please clarify my doubt
Hi.
Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS) is a noninvasive carcinoma.  The cancer cells are confined to the ductal structures.   DCIS can be treated by: excision (lumpectomy or breast conserving surgery) plus radiotherapy to the breast, excision alone, or mastectomy.  There is currently no consensus regarding the optimal treatment of DCIS.  I think I mentioned this in my other post.  
I understand your concern.  The most important thing now is to do surveillance for a possible recurrence.  But the risk for recurrence for patients with stage 0 breast cancer is very low.  She should do monthly breast self-examination and report anything she notices to her oncologist.  Mammography can be done annually or semi-annually.
Stay positive and God bless you and your sister always.