Mom stage 4 breast cancer
My mom is 51 and has stage 4 breast cancer that spread to her bones, liver, adrenal glands, and brain. She was diagnosed almost three years ago. She can't drive, cook, or clean. My dad and I both live with her but we both work 40 plus hours a week. My mom can bathe and dress herself but not much else. I was wondering if there is anyway I could get paid to be her caretaker. When my dad and I get home from work we are too tired and stressed to do the cleaning and everything else. My mom refuses to have anyone come into the home to help. So that's not an option. I would love to do it for free but I have a lot of my own bills that I have to pay and my parents don't have the money to pay me. Any suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.
Have you heard of Protocel? I had a lumpectomy and three months later the cancer came back as inflammatory....just went through 8 chemotherapy treatments (every two weeks for 2 months) and do not want a mastectomy. Go to the website "The Breast Stays Put" to get good info on Protocel.
Hi.
I understand what you are going through.  Caring for a sick relative can be draining, both emotionally and financially.
Honestly, I find it difficult though to digest what you are asking, about you getting paid to care for your own mother.  I know you have other obligations, but I think caring for your sick mother is the last thing that you can do to sort of repay her for bringing you up, and is also a sign of respect.
I suggest you and your dad to talk to your mom and have a family conference.  Hopefully she'll understand your predicament.  One suggestion is to involve other relatives.  You can take turns in cleaning her and doing the chores.  Another would be to bring her to a  palliative care facility if she agrees.
Good luck.
I had tried Protocel, but the liquid taste is not very palatable.  I was on it for three months, did feel better but I had to get up in the middle of the night.  I had made the switch over to Cantavita, a time-release tablet form.  Cantavita is great!