Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Pain after lumpectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain after lumpectomy

I had a lumpectomy with sentinel node biopsy August of 2006. It was followed by Mammosite treatment. Just recently, I have started having pain in that area, just like a dull ache. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't feel any lumps and mammogram in Oct was negative. Any thoughts?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.
Can you elaborate what Mammosite treatment is?
The breast pain could be secondary to many conditions.  It could be muscle pain.  You can try over-the-counter pain medications and see if the pain would go away.
Also, please consult your doctor for further evaluation.
Good luck.
Blank
I had a lumpectomy in 09/05, since then I've had a lump surrounding the incision site which is very tender and very painful. The slightest touch of clothing and showering is followed by an unbelieveable pain, which by the way, is almost constant. Also, there is tremendous itching surrounding the site. No one seems too concerned other than myself. I just wasn't expecting all this continous pain 5 years AFTER the initial surgery. Can you explain what may be causing these symptoms?
Blank
962875_tn?1314213636
Unfortunately, Dennis MD has not posted on this Web site since 2008.

You might want to start a new thread  of your own with your question, and post it in the BC Expert Foum if you want a doctor's response. You could also post in the BC Community, if you would be interested in information from survivors and other volunteers.

Best wishes...
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank