Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Second opinion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Second opinion

I'm ER+M H300 PR- HER2 -. I had the 17mm breast lump grade III removed but following a PET Scan small 4 8-14mm of cancer where found on my bones (l2 and l4 vertebral bodes and c4 vertebral body).  My oncologist has firstly recommended Zoladex with Biophosphates.  I wondered why chemo and radioaction weren't successed first, as from previous post it's indicated that bone mets is easily treated. Also is it possible to cut these bones out!

Also I've heard of MMS - Miracle Mineral Solution and OCC -Overnight Cure for Cancer on this site and on the web. What is your opinion on this
Related Discussions
492898_tn?1222247198
So you have not had any treatment besides the surgery? I am not 100 % sure why your doctor has decided not to do chemo and/or radiation on you at this point.
Perhaps he thinks that is too aggressive for your cancer at this time, and which does not mean chemo won't be utilized at a later time.

When I was fist diagnosed with mets, not bones though, I was also put on Zoladex, and my doctor said that this alone and by itself may do more good that chemo, and be effective.  Both are systemic treatments when Radiation is local treatment. Radiation is mostly used at this stage to control pain if it's severe.

Anyway, in my case the hormone treatment did not fix the mets, or control them. and I was soon after placed on chemo.

I do not believe your spine can be operated on; it's way too risky, and outright dangerous. Your spine is like your brain and can so easily be injured. Plus, the cancer may have spread further even if it cannot be seen on scans right now until the cancer grows some more.

Katrin

PS: those last treatments you mention which sound like 'Miracle cures' I not only have no experience with but neither do I have faith in this stuff.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...