Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Shingles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Shingles

My wife is undergoing chemotherapy for breat cancer.  She is on her forth treatment. Today I was diagnosed with a light case of the shingles.  My wife as had chicken pox as a child.  What is the impact of my shingles upon her chemo treatments?  What precautions should I take that will protect her from compromizing her weakened immune system?  Should we be sleeping and eating in separate parts of the house?
This would depend on several things .... you might ck. with her Oncologist to be sure. Were you treated immediately with the drug available ? As you probably know the virus lies dormant in most of us and can become active for seemingly no reason. Do discuss it with the Oncologist though ....  Regards ....