Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Situ Ductol Carcenoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Situ Ductol Carcenoma

Hi,PLEASE provide me some information regarding the "Situ Ductol Carcenoma". My sister is dignosed with it and she has Micro Calcification with clusters in her right breast and which is 9 cm spreaded.This momday her doctor is doing the Mastectomy.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..................................PLEASE provide me some information regarding this.
Hi.
Ductal Carcinoma In Situ (DCIS) is a noninvasive carcinoma.  The cancer cells are confined to the ductal structures.
DCIS can be treated by: excision (lumpectomy or breast conserving surgery) plus radiotherapy to the breast, excision alone, or mastectomy.  There is currently no consensus regarding the optimal treatment of DCIS.
Radiotherapy after breast conserving surgery in DCIS is done in order to decrease the risk local recurrence.  Numerous studies already support this approach.  Comparing radiotherapy versus no radiotherapy, there is an advantage in decreasing local recurrence, with a risk reduction of about 40-50%.  
Tamoxifen, after breast conserving surgery plus radiotherapy or breast conserving surgery alone, also decreases the risk of local recurrence.
Good luck to your sister.
Please do post your updates.
Hi All, as I mentioned it earlier, my sister has Micro Calcification with clusters all over  her right breast(Almost 9cm).Mastectomy has performed and her 2 lymph nodes are clear and doctors sent for Pathology Test and out of 100 pieces 36 were negitive and waiting for the remaining 64 test results. So, can you please let me know her condition and what stage she is in. She is just 36years old and a mother of 6years and 2years old kids.
Hi.
Thanks for the update.
How is your sister doing?
Just have some clarifications.  What do you mean by “out of 100 pieces 36 were negative and waiting for the remaining 64 test results”?  What are those “100 pieces”?  Do you already have the final histopathological diagnosis?
Staging of breast cancer uses the TNM classification.  This takes into account the tumor size (T), nodal status (N), and presence or absence of metastasis (M).  
You mentioned in your previous post that your sister has ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS).  Based on the TNM staging, DCIS is a stage 0 disease.  Prognosis is generally good.
I think you may need to wait for the final histopathological report.  Further treatment will follow once the result is fully evaluated.
Hope this helps.
God bless.
She has calcification extesively around 10 cm.  May be this is the size.

So far Nodes ( sentinal nodes ) do not show any sign of invasive cells.  Doctor has taken out the sentinal nodes during the mastectomy and they looked under microscope for signs of spreading.  It did not spread and they stopped at that point and not taken out any more nodes. During the operation they have tested those nodes 6-7 times.  They will look deep inside after the surgery by pathology department.

Our doctor said, the extracted mass was sent to pathology department and they will test that in more than 100 places and test for any sign of invasive cancer.  As of Friday, they have checked 36 places( of the extracted mass ) and it does not show any invasive cancer cells.  Doctor said, they will continue to look more deep inside and the result will come out by next week.

Regarding further analysis, doctor said as part of the analysis he may have her gene tested.  May be this may tell something about metastasis??  I am not sure of this one.

Hi.
Thanks for the update.
I think we may have to wait for the official result of the pathology report.  You have mentioned that the pathologists are already working on the specimen.  They are also looking for signs of invasion in the breast mass from the mastectomy specimen, and not only in the lymph nodes harvested.
The gene you mentioned may be the Her2Neu gene.  Overexpression of which confers a risk of recurrence.  Her2Neu is one of the prognostic factors in breast cancer.
There are also other prognostic factors that will be considered in your mother’s case.  These include the stage of the disease, hormone receptor status, and presence or absence of proliferation indices.  This can be discussed in detail by your mother’s oncologist once the final pathology report is out and once they are already done.