Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Stage IV Breast Cancer That has Spread..?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stage IV Breast Cancer That has Spread..?

My mom is 64 yrs old & she unfortunately hadnt seen a Dr in over 10yrs..got really sick & weak to where she could eat & swelled up w/fluid so bad that she was drained 3 times (7liters, 5 liters, then 3.9) all within 3 weeks, she is in the hospital now becuz she cant eat anything, they just got her strength up so she could get a biopsy & medi port...the Dr/s have confirmed breast cancer & that its spread to her bones, but they keep SPECULATING on her bone marrow, liver & i even heard 1 out of the 5 dr.s say possible pancreas! this is sooo frustrating for my family becuz she has had all the scans, xrays, blood tests, w/in the last 5 wks & we STILL dont have a game plan to her treatment & how agressive the cancer is & if its spread to her liver since we know its in her bones can someone tell me what to expect, my moms spirit is so low becuz she cant eat & keeps swellin up she has lost so much wait & her color is awful, she was such a young 64 yr old, could out shop me anyday & beautiful now she cant hardly get up without help, its soo hard to see, can someone please help me out & give me ANY information on Stage IV cancer that has spread to her bones & possibly beyond what is up with her not being able to eat, drink, she throws it up, or cant do it?? help please anyone?