Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Treatment for recurrent breast cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Treatment for recurrent breast cancer

I am 60 yrs old and was diagnosed with recurrent breast cancer that has metastized to the several bone areas. I was given 5 courses of Abraxin, and get a monthly injection of Abraxin, and take 5mg of Femara. I had some radiation.  Is there anything more I can do, for my cancer that I might not be informed about. Thank you in advance .
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.

If you have bony metastases, and this causes some pain, then  you can ask your doctor about additional treatment with drugs called 'bisphosphonates'.  The drugs in this class include zometa, bondronat, or pamidronate.  These drugs aim to lessen bone destruction by cancer and can really help in controlling pain in conjunction with your hormonal treatment as well as the radiation therapy.

Bisphosphonates should only be given in patients with a good renal function as these drugs can sometimes cause renal insufficiency.

Regards and God bless.
Blank
Hi Elana
I believe we may be in the same shaky boat.  I am 9 years older but had 5 very good years after breast cancer.  It has now sent mets to my bones.  I have IV infusions of Pamidronate every 4 weeks but they make me feel awful for about 10 days.  I wonder if it really helps.  I would like to keep in contact with you and wish you all the best.
God bless you
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank