Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Type of Breast Cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Type of Breast Cancer

How do you know what type of breast cancer that you have? My pathology report says my ER is negative my PR is weakly positive my HER-2/neu is negative my CK7 is positive and my CK20 is negative. On my surgical pathology report it only has ER PR and HER-2/neu on it and all those are negative it also has on it invasive ductal carcinoma, SBR Grade III. Do I have triple negative breast cancer?

I'm sorry you have not received an answer before now, but as you can probably tell by the dates on the posts, this forum is not very active.  The BC Community Forum is far more active (many new questions every day, and most answered within hours), so you might want to consider posting there if you have additional questions.

Your type of cancer is invasive ductal cancer (IDC). Your  tumor grade is Grade 3 (aggressive). Your hormone receptor status, from what you have said, is ER-/PR-.
Your HER2 status is HER2-, so that would make you triple negative (TNBC).

(But verify this with your oncologist to be sure, as I am only feeding back , in a slightly different form, the information you have provided.)

All of these factors, as well as the Stage of your cancer,which may require additional  evaluation and tests to determine. will play a role in determining your recommended  treatment.

Please keep us posted on your progress, and let us know if you need additional assistance..

Best wishes...
there  are noninvasive cancer , infiltrative non-specific cancer , specific invasive caner
Mammary cancer  is one of most commonly-seen malignant tumor in women.
at the late stage ,visceral functions decline increasingly and a series of symptoms of healthy qi deficiency may occur such as deficiency of the spleen yang,deficiency of qi and blood and yin deficiency of the liver and kindney.
These complications 'may', or 'may not' occur, and since your cancer has not spread at this point,(I assume), and you will be treated, (I assume, aggressively') you really do not need to focus on all the horrors that 'may' happen at some point since they may not. many women do well with treatment and their bc comes back often years later, and/or not at all.

I am also sorry you are going through this at a still rather young age, but there is hope as medications are improving with intensive research in the area of breast cancer.

What has also become much less horrible, even to a point of 'well tolerated and very bearable( is the chemo these days and newer, much more effective meds to control the nausea and pain 'if' a side effect.

But no longer spending hour after hour kneeling on the bathroom floor puking into the toilet?

just wanted to add this as the last comment sounded very scary. of course we are all scared and that is natural and comes with different stages.i.e. when first diagnosed, about treatment, about side effects like losing your hair and possible mets in the future. but those fears are the same for women who have very early stage cancer and a great prognosis, and for women who are diagnosed with advanced disease. it makes no difference and I just want you to know that is normal and you can always come her as well and get  support when needed, or helpful to you?

All the best, Katrin
I just joined this website to find out some info for my mom.  I came across your post and thought I could be of some help.  I am involved with a wonderful organization called Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation.  An amazing group of women started this organization with a dear friend who was diagnosed.  
The website is www.tnbcfoundation.org .  
Please visit the website and you will see you are not alone, and that their efforts are helping to find new treatments every day.  Good luck...~Cathy