Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
Whether herciptin is compulsorily taken?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Whether herciptin is compulsorily taken?

Dear Sir,

My wife is a breast cancer patient and has undergone mastectomy recently.  Now the doctors planned for post chemotherapy.  She hal already been 4cycles of NEO-ADJUVANT chemotherapy.  The ER/PR IS POSITIVE AND HER2 is 3+STRONG POSITIVE.  The doctors are also suggesting HERCIPTIN of 18 cycles.  As I am a middle class citizen of India I am not in a position to afford the cost of Rs.20.00+ lakhs.  Hence I humbly request you to kindly advise whether is it compulsory to take the medicine.  I
Tags: cycle
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
739091_tn?1300669627
HER2 + indicates a very agressive type of breast cancer and herceptin is the best choice to battle that overexpression of HER2.

It's absolutely indicated for treatment with HER2 + diagnosis.
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Herceptin (trastuzumab) is indicated for adjuvant treatment of HER2 overexpressing node positive or node negative, so this medication can give better clinical outcomes. You could try writing to pharmaceutical companies, they may sponsor. Alternatively, sometimes participation in clinical trials will engage those personnel to get medications for you. Your treating physician can also send recommendation letters to pharmaceutical companies. Discuss these options with your consulting doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank