birad5
my aunt underwent a mammogram , ultrasound and xray to identified the mass on the left upper quadrant of her breast according to the result it was a birad 5,,she doesnt have any symptoms aside for having a lump on her breast plus lymphnode on her axilla .there are no changes in the shape of her breast no discharges,,we will see a doctor for biopsy,,but according to the first doctor who saw her it is already malignant cancer..is it possible to diagnosed the lump without doing the biopsy yet? because i really started to think about it and i cant sleep with it!!please i need some explanation thank u very much
There are certain radiologic clues that indicate a higher or lower likelihood of a mass being malignant, and a BI-RADS 5 means that the radiologist feels the images are highly suspicious for malignancy.

However, you are correct that the only way to know for certain is through biopsy.

My suggestion would be that you and your family prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

Best wishes to you and your aunt...