Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
blood in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

blood in urine

We are taking care of my mother-in-law. Hospice is coming twice a week she has breast cancer metastasis (sp) to the lung stage 4 we noticed this morning blood coming from her catheter. I know we are going to lose her but we are noticing small changes. Can you tell us what to expect?
Avatar n tn
Hi.
How is your mother-in-law doing?
The blood in her urine could be secondary to the foley catheter and the trauma it causes in the lower urinary tract especially when the patient moves.  
She is presently undergoing hospice and palliative care.  This means that her comfort is of utmost importance.  Medications are given to improve the quality of life.  All family members should be prepared for any eventualities.   Any unresolved issues between the family members should be resolved.    
God bless.