Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
bone or spine mets?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bone or spine mets?

I had stage 2, estrogen +, with 1 positive node 8yrs ago at age 38 6 months following the birth of my 3rd child. Treated with mastectomy, A/C, and Tamoxifen. I developed some symptoms in July of this year - constipation, sciatica (worse when sitting or lying down), intermittent lower back pain, and now moderate to severe pain in my hip when I bend or move a certain way.  Last check up in September bloodwork was fine (except anemic and now taking iron) with normal range CA?#? - whatever the # it is normal.
1. What exactly are the symptoms of mets to bone (like hip) or spine?
2. Do these symptoms  sound like anything related to bc mets or cancer of any kind?
Just don't want to pester doc unless these symptoms sound like something that needs to be investigated and I would like the answers to questions 1 and 2 as I'm unclear.  Thanks so much.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi. Moderate to severe lower back and hip pain in a woman previously diagnosed with breast cancer should be thoroughly investigated by a doctor.  Breast cancer can recur even 10 years after the initial treatment, and symptoms of low back or hip pain may indicate bone metastases.  Of course, the pain you're feeling may just be due to a benign condition such as osteoarthritis, which can already happen at your age.  But it would be prudent, given your past history of cancer, not to take these symptoms for granted. So go see your doctor as soon as possible. You may need to have a bone scan done.
Blank
Hi,
Metastasis in the bone are called secondaries. Secondaries do occur from any malignant tumour.
Any metastasis to the bone wouldpresent with bony pain. There also incidences of pathological fracture .
You require a bone scan or any other investigation as advised by your doctor for futher follow up.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...