breast cancer
I lost my daughter at the age of 40 with breast cancer. She had 27 surgeries and she lasted 10 years prior to her death.
I always ask for copies of my mamo reports as I keep a file on these due to the high risk of BC in our family. My recent mamo report states I have scattered fibroglandular elements in both breasts that could obscure a lesion on mamography. There are benign calcification both breasts as well as scattered densities in both breasts. There are benign vascular calcifications in left breast. The final impression states benign and to follow up after a year, should I be concerned with the calcifications?
My condolences on the loss of your daughter.

Regarding your own breast issues, calcifications are not usually a concern unless they are found in certain shapes or patterns (such as clusters), in which case a biopsy is often recommended. In situations such as yours, where the impression is benign, the common practice is just to follow up  and watch for changes.

However, if you are not comfortable with this plan due to the high risk of BC in your family, you could request earlier followup (6 months or even 3 months, if you feel very worried), or an MRI, which can "see" things through dense tissue that might be missed in a mammogram. (However, keep in mind that because the MRI is so sensitive, it can sometimes produce false positives.)

Best wishes...