Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
invasive ductal carcinoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

invasive ductal carcinoma

Biopsy report reads as follows:
invasive ductal carcinoma, grade II/III, stage 3
sbr-ee,  birads-5
nuclear 3/3
tubular 3/3
mitotic 1/3
What exactly does all this mean?
It means that this is an aggressive cancer. You don't mention if it's ER and/or PR positive/negative nor what the HER2 status is, negative or positive.

This diagnosis as it stands without the rest of the information means chemo and radiation and surgery, without the rest of the information, it could be lumpectomy or mastectomy. I'd say mastectomy since it's aggressive and you don't want to leave any breast tissue for it to come back to.

Best wishes.
Thank you so much for your response.
I posted all the information i had. The biopsy was done by needle aspiration and that is all the pathology report stated, except for sbr-ee and birads-5 which not sure if it means anything. My friend will be having an mri tomorrow and hope that she will get more answers.
I appreciate your input.
Btw she tells me that she has the choice of mastectomy without chemo, this makes no sense to me especially since it is an agressive cancer.
What do you think?
Personally, I err on the side of caution. The fact that she's choosing mastectomy is very smart. But until she has the mastectomy and they do a sentinal node biopsy she really won't know if she gets off without doing chemo. If I was her I'd get the surgery over with and get a second opinion once I had the full pathology report in my hands.

Like I mentioned, there are pieces of the puzzle missing.

Best wishes :)