Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
need answers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

need answers

my wife has breast cancer which has spread to three areas of her liver.ishe has had three sessions or chemo so far , and is doing well . i would like to know if chemo can really help her ,or is it just to prolong her life.i would like to know if there is any hope for her .. thanks steve
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament.
Chemotherapy and radiotherapy can help arrest the spread of cancer cells and kill the existing cancer cells. As for the prognosis, it depends on the type of cancer, the extent of spread and her general health condition. As she is doing well at present, you need to follow up with her doctor regularly to know the clinical status.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Thank you for your replay . Will keep you updated . Fiona has a scan on 4 th feb , to see how things are going .
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank