Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
saroma lump axilary disetion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

saroma lump axilary disetion

I had 11 nodes removed. I have had major drainage for 6 weeks. Drain removed after 6 weeks. Wound sealed over. Now I have a lump the size of an egg under my arm. It is hard and hurts. I was still puting out 100cc when drain removed. I did not have this problem on other axilary discetion. I want this removed. I realize that this is fluid that is filling up the whole left by taking out nodes. What are my options of getting rid of this lump.

I have been drained twice. Doctor does not want to do it any more. No alternatives have been presented to me except keep pressure on it I hopefully the seroma will asorbe.

How do I get rid of this large and painful lump?
Hi there.

Seromas can indeed be hard to treat, and I believe the best course of action is to put in a temporary drain with a vacuum bulb until the secretions are minimal and the drain can be removed.  This procedure is effective especially for those with recurrent seromas, which were already drained several times.  Putting a drain however, carries the risk of infection and it is important that you take not of any signs of infection such as redness, inflammation and pus formation.  Regards.
a yr my tummy tuck and lipo I developed a saroma and every week its getting bigger and spreading over my belly it hurts its reddish, black and blue, I tried a compression garment and felt better for 2 days but the pain started to get too much so I didnt put it on yesterday or today
I'm not sure if you noticed, but the previous posts were from 2008, 4 years ago.

If you have a question, you will be more likely to get answers if you start a new thread of your own.

This is a breast cancer forum. I can't tell if your situation has anything to do with BC. In any case, it sounds like you would be more likely to get help, if that's what you are seeking, from the Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum.

Best Wishes,
bluebutterfly