stage 3 breast cancer
Hi my sister has recently been diognised with breast cancer she has had her left breast removed
and was told yesterday that it was at stage 3 and now has to have more scans and chemo and radiotherpy
Her doctor did not really say much else and im really worried but did not want to ask questions in front of her does anyone have any experience in this area would appreciate any help
many thanks sharon
It is not uncommon to have chemo after the mastectomy and then radiation. Was she tested for BRAC gene?  
My sister was 39 when diagnosed and she has undergone the same kind of treatment.  she is now having radiation twice a day. but had a clear PET scan! ptl!
I hope your sister looks into having her genes tested and if needed  the other breast removed, to prevent the cancer from coming back in that breast.  the doctor can detrmine if she should have the other breast removed.  Have your genes tested too, i am just to be safe!  Hope this information is helpful, and ask your sister how she feels about you asking questions.  She may be in shock and not know what to ask.
My dad has cancer too, and i go to every doctors appointment with him to ask questions. lol Im a nurse and come prepared!  
write them down and discuss your questions with your sis and the doctor, it will empower her as well.  and remember to FIGHT LIKE A GIRL!