Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
stage 3

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

stage 3

Hi Doctors,
I have diagnosed with breast cancer on July 2010.  I had done mastec and reconstruct (tram flap).  Now going thru chemotherapy (DC) for 6 times / every 3 weeks and radiotherapy later.  Is this drug suitable for stage 3 patients?  I wonder?  Also afraid of re-occurrence.  I have 2 kids (12 / 11 of age) and i'm now 36 years of age, a divorcee.  I want to live longer to see my children grow/marry and my grandchildren :) Besides thinking positive and fight through this war path.  What else can i do?  
Would it be possible for you to be evaluated by another oncologist, and get a second opinion?

One would think that yhour doctor is a lot better equipped to decide on what course of chemo tho utilize tghan any of us are. Sime if us have been around for some time and we have family with bc, or are struggling with it ourseves.

Research ptotocols are also a very highly promising way to go. My own oncologist and who came highly recommended he told me that he wished I could be enrolled in a new study rather than for him to utilize standart chemo, and which my insurance covered quite nicely. I also had stage 3. But with you there is still a lot of info that you didn;t include for us to know, so all these dfifferent aspects of you and your cancer further help determine a course of action for treatment.
PS: This is not a professionally staffed forum you are in.
for professionals to report back to you, there is an expert breast cancer forum listed oin the right sode of the major page of this forum.

Most often though, the experts do not offer personal advice of any kind.

KATRIN