Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
stage 4 breast cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

stage 4 breast cancer

My sister has Stage 4 cancer. It started in the breast and has spread to the bones and liver. Her blood pressuer is 100 over 63. This is not good. She was given about 1 month to live on the 4th of this month. She will be moved to the hospital to die. Can you give me better insight on her condition?
First of all I am so sorry to hear about your sister...I can't imagine what you all are going through.  My heart goes out to you.  As far as her blood pressure that isn't too bad yet...of course the bottom number you won't want to keep dropping too much.

I don't know her full diagnosies so I can't comment too much on her condition.  But I've been on lots of breast cancer forums/boards for the last 3 yrs since I finished my treatment.  One thing I've learned is there are LOTS of stage IV cancer patients that continue to get treated and do fine.  Why is her oncologist telling her she has only a month and not treating her bones and liver??? (Is she doing any chemo currently)   With stage IV cancer patients they just treat cancer as a "chronic illness".  Just because its in her bones and liver doesn't mean there are no chemo options.

But again...I don't have all the information so there might be alot I don't know about her situation?  But I would HIGHLY suggest she get a 2nd and 3rd opinion from a OUTSIDE cancer center. Seriously...please talk your sister into getting a 2nd opinion...I know far too many woman with liver and bone mets that have been treated for yrs and are doing fine.  Hang in there and if I can help let me know.

Rinda
I have to agree with Rindaa.  breastcancer.org is a good site to go to.  Lots of 'stage IV' ladies there, some of them have been that stage for years and still seem to be hanging in there and doing pretty good.  My sister was a stage IV (not breast, it was unknown) and her dr told her six months and she made it to ten.  I'm sure too if she had better treatment she would have been with us a lot longer.  It is so hard not knowing what to do and feeling helpless.  I wish I had known then what I know now.  I think getting a 2nd/3rd opinion is a really good idea.  We have to do as much as we can while we still can.  I hope your sister is not suffering too much.  I really hope you can find some answers and help.  I'll be thinking of you and your family.  Anji  
i pray the LORD will take her in his arms and wrap her in his love, take her pain away . LORD and give her a warm feeling ,knowing you are there with her. i pray you give her sister and her family the comfort of knowing your with her and can take the pain away  and can heal her in your time. God bless you and yours .