Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
stage 4 invasive ductal carcinoma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

stage 4 invasive ductal carcinoma

Hello, I was told a year ago today that my breast cancer had spread to my liver. It was 17 cm. After agressive chemo along w/ herceptin and Advistin it is now down to 4cm. I am currently receiving herceptin every 3 weeks thru and IV port. I am feeling good and exercise almost every day. i can honestly say that I am in the best shape I have been in since high school :) Althought I have stage 4 non curable breast cancer, you would never be able to tell by looking @ me. I have been told that I might only have 2 years life expancy. I was wondering if that is accurate given my type of cancer. I am HER-2/neu positive as well.
Thank you!!
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi.
It’s great to know that you are responding well to your treatment.  Your liver metastasis has gone down to 4 cm from an initial of 17 cm.  That’s a big difference already.
Breast cancer treatment is rapidly evolving.  There are so many advances in chemotherapy regimen, each offering prolongation of the overall survival.  Thus, even with stage 4 breast cancer, many patients can survive more than 2 years with treatment, as long as the patient is responding to the treatment.
Take care.    
Blank
It's nice to see posts like this to remind us all that stage 3 and 4 aren't necessarily death sentences.
Blank
That makes me feel soooooooooo good to hear.  I know the truth about stage 4 but hope and prayer with a little bit of science make a great cocktail.

Kemal
Blank
There are some stage 4 ladies over at the bcsupport.org site that have been around for a  long time and don't plan to depart this world anytime soon. The better treatments get, the more of them there will be. And hopefully early detection will reduce the number of women who are diagnosed with stage 3 and 4.
Blank
I know every cancer patient is different.  Do you know what an acceptable CA 27-29 result is for stage 4? My wife is finishing her six months of chem, 18 treatments of Taxol and Gemzar.

Her history is as follows:
Surgery on March 14, 2008
CA 27-29 May 19th   3673
CA 27-29 June 11th   5703
CA 27-29 August 12th  880  Great reduction
CA 27-29  August 27th  1428

Her CEA is slowly going down...it is 35 currently

She may begin Hormone Therapy at the end of September, pre-menopause with with continued treatments of Zometa.

I am concerned about the rise in the CA 27-29 but I also know this is  a marker and is used as a tool.

Please let me know if you are familar with these markers.  We are seeing my Wife's Oncologist on Sept. 2nd.

Thanks.

Kemal
Blank
I know every cancer patient is different.  Do you know what an acceptable CA 27-29 result is for stage 4? My wife is finishing her six months of chem, 18 treatments of Taxol and Gemzar.

CA 27-29 May 19th   3673

She may begin Hormone Therapy at the end of September, pre-menopause with with continued treatments of Zometa.

I am concerned about the rise in the CA 27-29 but I also know this is  a marker and is used as a tool.

Please let me know if you are familar with these markers.  We are seeing my Wife's Oncologist on Sept. 2nd.

Thanks.

Kemal
Blank

Dennis,

CA 27-29 May 19th   3673

Thanks.

Kemal
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979