Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
throat pain with breast radiation
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

throat pain with breast radiation

I also finished chemo and into  radiation for breast cancer. I have had 9 treatments with 21 more to go. my throat is very sore, hard to swallow feels like a lump in it.My radi oncologist says radiation treatments will be adjusted.The tects in radiation say this area is not being irradiated.I am confused and very uncomfortable going  on 7 dayswith this .If you have experience with this please advise....I am very grateful for your imput as I don't know what to do next.Regards,Joan
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there,
Mouth sores, tender gums, and a sore throat or esophagus are side effects of radiation, chemotherapy or infection. It is a known side effect of the treatment. The doctor may prescribe you medicine that will control mouth and throat pain. Your dentist also can give you tips for the care of your mouth. Infection can occur early so take care to prevent infections. During chemotherapy a person’s immunity is reduced which can aggravate problems. Eat soft foods. Avoid spicy citrus salty foods.
Take care and regards!
Blank
739091_tn?1300669627
If you think this is from your radiation, make sure to get your thyroid levels checked. If they did have the "aim" of the radiation beam going outside of where it was supposed to be, they may have caused you thyroid issues. I did end up with a thyroid problem shortly after radiation and unfortunately, it's a permanent problem now. Best wishes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank