Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
will my mom survive stage 4 breast cancer?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, self exams, and stage 3 and 4 treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

will my mom survive stage 4 breast cancer?

My mom was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer last 2007, she did chemo once, she stopped it because she can't handle it so she just did radiation. her last check up with her onco was last october 2009, the dr said they found some tumor but it was benign..she had never done any check up since then because we don't have insurance. 3 months ago(june 2010)  she had an accident, she slip on the floor and hurt her back.we went to the doctor and said it was just muscle spasm, they gave her pain reliever and muscle relaxant..  months after the pain just got worse. she was advised to have bone scan and the result was her breast cancer had metastasized to her ribs. her 1st and 2nd ribs on left and 2nd and 3rd ribs on right and another on side. she was tested today if she can have mri and ct scan.what do you think will happen to my mom? i hope she'll survive this.thank you