Breast Cancer Community
14 year old

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

14 year old

can you get breast caner when you are 14 because i have some symptoms that it names
Wel you can have symptoms that resemble breast cancer when you are 14 years old but the chances that those symptoms are due to breast cancer per se are very less. What you need to keep in mind that your body must be going through a lot of hormonal fluctuations right now due to menarche or your regular menstrual periods. That could cause some of the symptoms you are worried about. Why dont you schedule acheck up with your physician so that you can get a clinical evaluation and clear your doubts.
Don't worry.  Your body is going through lots of changes right now.  You will be starting or have already started your period.  Your breasts are growing and probably tender from time to time.  They may even feel lumpy.  I have a teenage daughter and I don't think she has ever even given breast cancer a thought.  What type of symptoms are you having and do you have someone you can talk to about your fears?  Do you know someone who recently was diagnosed with breast cancer?  From a professional point of view, I worked with Oncologists for years.  Those are the doctors who treat cancer patients.  Never once, did we have a young lady with cancer.  The youngest was 21, married and pregnant who had a type of breast cancer where both breasts were bright red, hot to the touch and very painful.  If you have worries, talk to your Mom, Aunt, Older Sister, Grandmother or even a teacher.  They can direct you so that you can get things checked out and you will feel better.  Remember that you know your body better than anyone.  You know when things are not right so never dismiss your feelings that something is wrong.  Good luck to you and I hope this helps.  I am sure you are fine, but talk to someone so they can reasure you.
Yes, I am almost 14 and I am also terrified about getting brest cancer. I have some of the symtoms (symptoms) it names, and I can't wait for my period to come again this month to see if it is related to that. I just have to keep reminding myself how unlikely it is to get breast cancer as a teenager; it is highly unlikely to get BC even before AGE 30. But do tell someone you trust to get it checked out just in case (not saying breast cancer, but maybe something less minor like a cyst or just growing). But I'm with ya girl! I can't wait till this whole "being young" thing's over! :)  lol

-Kate