Breast Cancer Community
2 Lumps on my Breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

2 Lumps on my Breast

I am 23 years old and two years ago I found a lump on my right breast. It's closer to the surface and the size was about the size of a pebblestone. It also felt like it had a smooth surface. A few days ago, when I found out that my aunt had been diagnosed with Breast Cancer recently, I checked my lump again, and it has gottenmuch smaller...you almost have to search for it. however, I noticed another lump, a bit off to the right of my nipple. This one is about the size of a pebblestone again. I do not know whether this lump was there two years ago when i found the first one, because 2 years ago i never checked the nipple area. Also, my breast is usually not tender, except when I'm on my period.

Has anyone experienced this? What's the probability this could be breast cancer? Although, I've heard that breast cancer usually only has 1 lump that grows? And that most lumps found are some type of benign cysts?
In most cases, breast lumps are not a sign of breast cancer.Most likely they could be cysts or Fibroadenomas (both benign)commonly found in women in their late teens and early twenties,but can also occur in women of any age.The cause of these benign lumps are due to hormonal fluctuations.
Breast cancer is rare at your age,but not an impossibility..I don't think that you should be too worried about it,but anytime you feel a lump in your breast,you have to be aware that it is an abnormality and it's always wise to have it checked out by your health care provider who might recommend an Ultrasound to find out what these lumps represents.
Please call your doctor for a check up okay?
Take care ...
Hi zouzi,

thank you for your comment. It's a little bit of a relief to hear that breast cancer is rare at my age, but yes, i will ask my doctor for a check up (hopefully soon). I never worried about it at all these past 2 years, but then my aunt was diagnosed with cancer, making me worried that I might have it too.

I don't have any of the other breast cancer symptoms, fortunately, so i guess that's a bit of a relief too going into the doctor to check up later...
SO I finally made an appointment with my primary physican care about these lumps. Based on the way the lumps feel, my physician thinks that these fibroadenomas too, but she did order me to get a mammogram AND an ultrasound on the breast and referred me to a breast specialist. I'm making the appointments tomorrow for these procedures.

Thank you for your support, and I will let you know how things are.
I am going through the same exact thing! I have to go for the mammogram and ultra sound today. They will probably still do a biopsy as well just to cover all basis. I have 2 lumps as well and I am sooo terrified!
So how did your ultrasound and mammogram go?

I can't have mine until Monday. :(