Breast Cancer Community
52 yr old with tenderness in both breast - not pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

I am perimenopausal and have had tenderness in both breast for 3 weeks. This is not normal for this length of time. Pls. advise.
1 Comment
Hi there!

Perimenopausal hormone fluctuations can be very unpredictable during this period, and I'm not surprised to hear that the tenderness can last that long.  However, be sure to make this known to your primary care physician and report to him everything that you feel.  Also, try to feel for any lumps, bumps, or changes on the overlying skin.  You can also ask your doctor for pain medications that can help you cope with the changes that you are going through.

You can also visit http://www.menopause.org/ for more information and support.

Regards...