8 months out from lumpectomy
I, at age 58, had a lumpectomy last April.  This February mammogram looks free of cancer, and I had a (rather late) follow-up with the April surgeon, also this February. Outlook is good; I am elated.  Still, I have some soreness in that breast. It seems like, perhaps, the few nodes that were removed might let fluid collect?  Or, I have a very physical job and some tissue is no longer there.  The surgeon did an exam and everything seemed good.  He did think the tissue was a little more dense than the other breast, but that could be results of the radiation.He thinks that it is important to not only self-exam, but have one of my doctors also do a breast exam every three to six months for the next two years following the lumpectomy. I'm on an aromatase, with manageble side effects.  What do you think?  I feel my energy has come back, and was so happy at the mammogram. I guess I don't know how to explain the soreness.

This discussion is related to post lumpectomy, radiation, and chemotherapy soreness.
Do you get a yearly MRI?

I had very dense breasts and the mammogram could not see a 10 cm mass to show it on the films. An MRI showed it perfectly.

Congratulations on NED... no evidence of disease :)

::::::::::::::::::::doing the happy dance of glee with you::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Thanks  for the suggestion. No, I will question whether an MRI would be a good tool for me.  
sometimes there is fluid build up that can cause pain..did the Dr mention this?? sometimes it gets o painful that anaspiratin is needed for relief Good Lc