Breast Cancer Expert Forum
8 yr old daughter has lump under left nipple

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

My 8 yr old daughter is hurting from a lump under her left nipple. The nipple is inverted & the lump feels pretty hard. She says it hurts when you press on it but that it doesn't really hurt when you pinch it between your fingers. Her doctor can't see her until late next week. I am beside myself with fear & worry. Can anyone tell me if this is serious or not?? The lump is about the size of maybe a quarter. She told me she noticed it a while back & it hurt then but lately it has been hurting worse. Please if anyone can tell me anything I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Dear Mrs_Ames77:  It is unlikely that this lump is breast cancer.  Unfortunately, the only way to know if this is something to be concerned about is to have it evaluated by a physician.  Perhaps a partner of her physician could see her sooner - so that the wait and worry could be minimized.
I know it is 6 years later, but my 9 year old daughter now has the same exact kind of lump under her left nipple.  She expresses the same exact symtoms (symptoms).  I haven't made a appointment at our doctor yet, but I will tomorrow.  Is there anything to be concerned about?
A related discussion, 8 year old has lump under left nipple was started.
A related discussion, My 9yr old daughter's left breast is swollen and hard? was started.
A related discussion, Breast lump on 8 yr old was started.
A related discussion, mrs ammes was started.