Breast Cancer Community
ACUBA

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

ACUBA

I had a mamo about a month ago. A report was sent to my doctor that said I have a nodule calcification in my left brest, about 2cm. I was called back for more test. I have just returned from the call back. The doctor told me that I have a small cyst and that he wants me to sechedule a Stereotactic Biopsy. I would like to know if anyone has had a similar experience.        
A stereotactic breast biopsy is most helpful when mammography shows a mass, a cluster of microcalcifications (tiny calcium deposits that are closely grouped together), or an area of abnormal tissue change but no lump can be felt on careful breast examination.A pathologist examines the removed specimen and makes a final diagnosis so that treatment planning can begin.
Keep postive because most  lumps and bumps we find in our breast are not cancer .I hope this helps . Knowledge is the best health tool we have so research and do your homework for your health care always .Take care !
Thanks, you have put me at ease. I wll post after I hear fro the doctor.

I went my scheduled biopsy on 11/27/07.  The doctor explained the procedure to me. and proceeded to take the necessary images to pin point where too insert the instrument to do the biopsy. A series of images was taken. I viewed all of the images with the doctor. However, the nodule that, clearly, showed up on the first mamogram (mammogram) was in this series of images. Of course, I was nervous at this point. The doctor ordered another mamogram (mammogram). This mamogram (mammogram) also did not reveal the nodule. I actually had images taken for 2.45 hrs. The doctor then told me that I should not worry and come back in six months to see if the if the situation remains the same.  My concern is; what happened to the nodule? I'm inclined to believe that the Doctor  don't really know.
The breast nodule reported in your mamogram (mammogram) last month was infact a simple cyst has reported by sonogram. At this you were advised by the doctor to udergo biopsy because 12% of the cyst detected are with malignant changes.Just to rule out that he had ordered the investigation.

Cysts are fluid filled sacs within the breast. These sacs form when normal milk producing glands enlarge. The cause of this enlargement is not definitely known but is very likely related to an imbalance between the normal production and absorption of fluid.all breast cysts identified as “simple cysts” by ultrasound are benign and remain so.
Breast cysts frequently fluctuate in size. This is commonly seen on routine annual mammograms. They may resolve and entirely disappear between annual examinations.This was observed in more than half of women with cysts during their follow up.

Hope it was of some help inrelieving your tension.