Breast Cancer Community
AHCC
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

AHCC

Hello, I am a 33 years old woman. I am operated from breast cancer. I would like to ask you whether I can take AHCC /KINOKO GOLD --- the traditional AHCC/ during the chemotherapy . I will be taking my second course of chemotherapy tomorow - FEK. Thank you very much for the information.
Blank
962875_tn?1314213636
p.s. Since this "natural" product claims to support the immune system, it probably would not be a good idea to take it during chemo.

Some oncologists instruct patients not to take certain vitamins, esp. in high doses, that strenghten the immune system, because the plan of chemo timing is to hit the cancer cells when they are most vulnerable, in order to kill them. It would not be good to (possibly) make them stronger and therefore more resistant to chemo...
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
962875_tn?1314213636
You must consult your oncologist about any medication or supplement you plan to take during the course of your chemotherapy.

Best wishes...
Blank
962875_tn?1314213636
p.s. Since this "natural" product claims to support the immune system, it probably would not be a good idea to take it during chemo.

Some oncologists instruct patients not to take certain vitamins, esp. in high doses, that strenghten the immune system, because the plan of chemo timing is to hit the cancer cells when they are most vulnerable, in order to kill them. It would not be good to (possibly) make them stronger and therefore more resistant to chemo...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank