Breast Cancer Community
ALH (and cancer risk)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

ALH (and cancer risk)

I have a leision (breast); the biopsy indicated I have ALH.  So I am planning on having the leision surgically removed.  After the lesion is removed, is the risk of cancer reduced or removed?  Or am i still high risk for cancer?
1 Comment
You do have an increased risk of developing breast cancer in either breast is you have been diagnosed with ALH whether removed or not. We must put this in perspective though; most women with the diagnosis of ALH will never develop breast cancer. Close follow-up is always recommended however and you should adhere to this recommendation.   Regards ....