Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Abnormal breast CT scan
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abnormal breast CT scan

Thank you for your time.  I was recently hospitalized due to an accident that broke my back.  I had multiple images to look for injuries.  I inadvertently came across a written CT report that was not mentioned to me, but is concerning.  
I am a 39y.f.  The report states:
A 2cm hypodense left round retroareolar mass and a 1.5cm hyperdense lateral left breast mass.  The latter most likely represents a cyst.  The former may represent benign or malignant tumor.  
I can clearly feel the lump.  It has been over 2 months since this report.
Can you recommend a next step, and help me understand the report?  What are the odds of this being a malignancy?
Thank you again for your expertise.