Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Abraxane, how differ from Taxol
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Abraxane, how differ from Taxol

51 years old and I just had lumpectomy on left breast; Invasive DCIS, ER/PR negative, HER2 negative; 8.5 mm tumor size; 6 removed lymph nodes were clear. -- Now trying to decide on chemotheraphy. Talk to 3 experts and received 3 chemo regimen.  (1)*. Cytoxin & Taxotere; (2)*. Adriamyacin & Cytoxin and (3)*. Adriamyacin& Cytoxin then followed by short cycle of Abraxane (which is same type of drug as Taxol or Taxotere).  Since I don't have any option of maintenance drugs (ER/PR neg), I am willing to do the most offensive chemo that I can, as an insurance.  I would like to know how long Abraxane has been out, what are the side effects, has it been proven to be as effective as Taxol, is it stronger formular than Taxol or Taxotere?  Is option (2)* stronger than option (1)*? Thank you in advance for your help!