Breast Cancer Community
Accuracy of Mammograms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Accuracy of Mammograms

I have a mammogram every year and and had no significant findings..Most recently in July.  In August I fell and injured my knee.  The radiological report suggests that I have osteoblastic metastasis and the radiologist suggests it may be from a primary malignancy....Is there a link between other forms of cancer and this type of finding..What should I be asking for as a follow up?  Do I get another mammogram?  Is there another test that will more accurately help my doctors determine what is happening to me?
1 Comment
I would think that you have already been advised as to the proper investigation from this point. Some type of Scan or MRI would seem to be in order here. I don't see that a Mammogram would be of any value since they have all been negative in the past. You might also consider having your films read by another Radiologist as a second opinion. IF and this is a big IF this is due to metastises then the primary site must be found for any treatment to be effective. A consult with an Oncologist would also be a good idea.   Regards ....