Aa
A
A
Close
Accuracy of Mammograms
I have a mammogram every year and and had no significant findings..Most recently in July.  In August I fell and injured my knee.  The radiological report suggests that I have osteoblastic metastasis and the radiologist suggests it may be from a primary malignancy....Is there a link between other forms of cancer and this type of finding..What should I be asking for as a follow up?  Do I get another mammogram?  Is there another test that will more accurately help my doctors determine what is happening to me?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
25201 tn?1255584436
I would think that you have already been advised as to the proper investigation from this point. Some type of Scan or MRI would seem to be in order here. I don't see that a Mammogram would be of any value since they have all been negative in the past. You might also consider having your films read by another Radiologist as a second opinion. IF and this is a big IF this is due to metastises then the primary site must be found for any treatment to be effective. A consult with an Oncologist would also be a good idea.   Regards ....
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources