Adjuvant Online
I tried to go online to use Adjuvant Online, however a doctor can only use it.
I am having a hard time deciding on chemo for my triple negative bc. I had a modified radical mastectomy with sentinel lymph node biopsy and axillary lymph node dissection on 5-30-08. I  had clear margins and sentinel node clear and 9 more nodes clear. My pathology report states infiltrating ductal carcinoma, nottingham grade III, angio-lymphatic invasion-absent, associated DCIS-absent. HER2-negative. All margins are free of maligancy with the closest margin being the posterior margin (3 cm).   Mitoses 2/3, nuclei 3/3, tubules 3/3, so Nottingham score is 8 of 9.
Lymphatic invasion is absent.  Extensive intraductal component is absent.
Extent of invasion: pT1c.More than 1 cm but not more than 2 cm in greatest dimension. Maximal dimension 1.9 cm.
Negative immunohistochemistry. I am 54 and in good health.  Can a doctor run this thru on Adjuvant and tell me my outcome with taking chemo and without chemo.  And if you advise chemo is necessary, what type would be good for me?  Thank you so much!

Nancy  
I have entered your data in Adjuvant! Online and from the output, your chance of survival and being free of recurrence is 79.9% in 10 years (which is pretty good).  The addition of chemotherapy will increase that probability by another 5.9% using standard chemotherapy (6FAC, or AC-Taxane).  It is a small increment but it is still a significant jump in your chances.  Hope this helps.  Regards and God bless.
Thank you, Doctor Paul.
Doctor,

If receiving chemo gives me a 5.9% increase in survival what are the % of the heart health risk of receiving A/C of 4 doses and 4 does of Taxol? My MUGA was 54 and I am concerned of heart muscle damage if I take the chemo.  Your thoughts are appreciated.  Thank you.
A related discussion, receptor status was started.