Breast Cancer Community
Amount of Chemo Treatments
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Amount of Chemo Treatments

I was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma breast cancer in May 2009.  I have had the tumor removed and have clean margins.  I am T2 N1 M0, Estrogen Positive,  HER2 Negative,  1 node was positivie.  I have had all the test on the rest of my body and everything was clean.  
  My question is about chemo.  I am taking TAC.  I have had 2 treatments so far--they have made me very sick for 14 days or more.  I was told I need to have a total of 6 treatments.  I was wondering what you think about having 3 full treatments and the last 3 half dose treatments.  
                                                              Thanks for taking time to answer my question
                                                                                                    Mary