Antibiotics and Inflamatory breast cancer
I was wondering if you have symptoms and are treated with antibiotics could symptoms come back 1 year later. 1 year ago I had signs of some kind of rash on my nipple..It lasted about 2 weeks and then I became ill with an osteomylitis in my jaw. I was hospitalized for 5 days. When I left the hospital my rash had started to clear up..I was given a pic line to keep administering the antibiotics at home for 6 weeks. Its been a year and latly I seem to be having some of the same symptoms. Its just itching right now no rash. I looked it up last night and saw that it could have been early signs of Inflamatory Breast cancer...I had a recent mammogram and had to have it rechecked but they said everything was ok. I have noticed some changes in my breast as well. Wjhat should I request from my dr?
IBC is an aggressive disease and is diagnosed by either a breast biopsy OR skin biopsy. It is sometimes not diagnosed if the only symptom is a reddened area of the breast and is confused with a simple breast infection. I doubt from your description that you had IBC .. there are other symptoms that present themselves and this growth is VERY rapid over just a few weeks. You may have had a breast infection since you say it did respond to a course of antibiotics and these infections do indeed return from time to time. I sugges that you see a Breast Specialist for some investigation as to the true nature of the rash that you say has returned. Regards .....