Breast Cancer Community
Architectural Distortion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Architectural Distortion

I had my anual mammogram a week ago. I got a call from the breast imaging clinic that the radiologist said my right breast shows a architectural distortion. I have never heard of this before. I am going tomorrow to repeat the mammogram and get a ultrasound. I am worried sick and can't sleep. Does anyone know anything about this? What are the chances of this being cancer? I appreciate any info. Thank You!
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi,
Architectual distortion,means that an area of the breast tissue is distorted and looks abnormal.This finding could be due to benign findings,like fibrocystic disease, benign breast cysts, fibroadenoma etc.Also excessive weight gain could alter the fibrous arrangement in the breast.Unfortunately this findings could also be a sign of malignancy which I really hope will not be found in your case.
The spot compression mammogram you'll be having, will focus on one particular area of the breast and so will the Ultrasound .If something  suspicious is seen a biopsy would no doubt be recommended.
Being called back for additional tests is always very stressful and I can imagine how worried you must be.Try not to panic...things might not be as bad as you think.These tests are important though to find out the exact reason for these changes.
Wishing you all the best and good luck!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...