Breast Cancer Community
Areola Discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Areola Discharge

A few weeks back, I noticed a slight discharge from my right areola, just to the side of my nipple. The consistency is the equivalent of popping a pimple, white and sticky in texture. A small bit can be squeezed out before nothing more comes out. But within a day will build up some more. It comes from the exact same "pore" every time and I have not noticed this from anywhere else on either breast. Any ideas?
1 Comment

You should keep the area clean, wear lose clothes and see if the pimples go away in a few days.

Pimples on the breast can occur, just like on skin anywhere else. Do not try to pick at it.

You should do a breast self exam and report any abnormal features that you might notice - a breast lump, skin changes or nipple discharge etc.

If the pimples do not resolve in a few days consult your physician for a clinical evaluation.

Let us know if you have any other doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing and what does your physician advise.

Good luck.