Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Areola rash

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Areola rash

A few years back I had a round red rashy area on my right breast.  It was biosied and said to be nothing.  Now I have the same thing on the left breast and the right breast gets a intermitant pin ***** pain in the nipple before each menstral cycle.  I am 35.  Any suggestions?
Avatar n tn
Dear dionetta, Did the rash go away on it's own or was treatment needed?  Is it causing you symptoms, itching, burning etc.?  If it is concerning you have it checked by your doctor.  As to the nipple pain, this could be aggravated by swelling associated with hormonal fluctuations?
Avatar n tn
The rash on the right breast was almost totally removed by the biopsy, before they removed the area we tried creams etc and nothing made it go away.  It was mildly itchy.  The new rash on the other breast is larger also mildly itchy appears to be exzema (eczema) and it won't go away with any type of cream etc.  My right breast also leaked a little clear fluid.
Avatar n tn
it ought to be checked, especially if it's on the nipple.