Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Arimidex and back pain??
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Arimidex and back pain??

My mother who is 77, has metastatic breast cancer..she was diagnosed in 1986, treated with surgery and Tamoxifen...she had mets to the breast bone last year treated with radiation and Arimidex...she is having elevated blood levels so her oncologist has switched her from Arimidex to IM injections of Faslodex..my question is..Can Arimidex cause back pain?? She has had bad back pain in her lower back and pain sometimes over her back hip for a few months...worse now...she is scheduled for a PET scan and bone scan...but I was wondering if back and bone pain were maybe side effects of Arimidex?? Thank you, Ilsa