Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Arimidex and weight gain
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Arimidex and weight gain

I have been on Arimidex for almost two years.  In that time, I have gained about 10 pounds.  I know that 10 percent of Arimidex users gain weight but I am curious if anyone else has experienced this weight gain also.  If so, did the initial weight gain stay constant or increase over time?  For example, I've only gained 10 pounds so far but should I look forward to 20 more?   Also, has anyone had any luck combatting the weight gain.  I have continued to exercise and eat healthy but that doesn't seem to make a difference.  Is there a diet or anything anyone would recommend?  I was on Tamoxifen for 3 years before and did not gain any signiifcant weight but my doctor felt Arimidex was a better medication for me. Thanks for your input.  I know the medication is helping me but it would be nice to have my clothes fit.