Breast Cancer Community
Arimidex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Arimidex

I was on Arimidex for six weeks and basically lost the use of my left hand, I immediately stopped taking Arimidex, even, though a call to my Oncologist office said that wasn't a side effect. The Oncologist had assured me that any side effects would go away after three weeks if I stopped taking it. It's been two months and I have not gone back on the drug and my Oncologist has admitted that there is a much higher incidence of carpal tunnel among women who take this drug. I've been to a hand specialist and he's trying to get back the use of my hand, without surgery.  Has anyone had any success getting back the use of their hands?  I survived the cancer and Arimidex has destroyed the quality of my life.  I can't hold a book, plant flowers, exercise or do any of the things that I enjoyed, someone has to be honest about what this drug really does to the quality of one's life and saving my life isn't enough.

This discussion is related to Arimidex Long Term Side Effects.
Tags: arimidex
1 Comment
The loss of the use of your hand is certainly a very RARE occurance when taking Arimidex. I would tend to think that there were other factors involved but possibly enhanced by the Arimidex. I doubt that Arimidex would be the sole cause.  Best of luck with your treatment / therapy but if it is true Carpal Tunnel it's a rather simple surgery with a wonderful succcess rate.     Regards ....