Armpit numbness and swelling
In the last two weeks I haven noticed a small area of numbness in my right armpit.  It seems a little more swollen than the other armpit. There is sometimes a burning sensation with the numb area but not so much a tenderness hurt. I cannot feel a lump per say. I am going to schedule a doctor appt. after Labor Day but wanted to know if anyone had experienced these symptoms and what the diagnosis was?  I went to the obgyn two years ago with a lumpy area in my left breast and was sent to get my first mamogram. They did the ultrasound also and decided it was just fibrous tissue which was common in my mom and sister (We have big boobs). I was supposed to go back 6 months later to check and make sure there was no growth but I didn't.  Any suggestions?
Hi.

I agree with you planning to show this to your doctor as this is the best way to go.  To give you some ideas, I believe that this symptom may most likely come from localized infection of the sweat and sebaceous glands in the armpit which may have to be treated with a course of antibiotics.

Other possibilities would include primary neuropathic conditions brought about by a lot of factors (stress, vitamin B deficiency, etc.), or musculoskeletal strain caused by overuse or preferential use of that limb.

Regards