Breast Cancer Community
Atypical Ductal Hyperplaysia
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Atypical Ductal Hyperplaysia

I just got this diagnosis today after a stereotactic biopsy.  I opted to have surgery to remove the surrounding tissue. I read also that treatments are needed.  Does anyone know what treatments? Is it radiation therapy or chemotherapy?  Any information would be appreciated.

This discussion is related to needing to know.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
25201_tn?1255584436
Your choice is the recommended treatment for ADH and you are correct there may be some follow-up treatment. Radiation is often advised and then, depending on the Pathology report, Hormone therapy may be also recommended. If the Hormone testing (ER/PR) is positive then Tamoxifen could be advised for 5 years. Chemotherapy is only used when a diagnosis of "true" Cancer is made. ADH is sometimes referred to as "pre-cancerous" due to the fact that it does increase one's risk of developing breast cancer in the future.   Regards ....
Blank
Thank you for your response.  It helped put my mind at ease.  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank