Atypical Ductal Hyperplaysia
I just got this diagnosis today after a stereotactic biopsy.  I opted to have surgery to remove the surrounding tissue. I read also that treatments are needed.  Does anyone know what treatments? Is it radiation therapy or chemotherapy?  Any information would be appreciated.

This discussion is related to needing to know.
Your choice is the recommended treatment for ADH and you are correct there may be some follow-up treatment. Radiation is often advised and then, depending on the Pathology report, Hormone therapy may be also recommended. If the Hormone testing (ER/PR) is positive then Tamoxifen could be advised for 5 years. Chemotherapy is only used when a diagnosis of "true" Cancer is made. ADH is sometimes referred to as "pre-cancerous" due to the fact that it does increase one's risk of developing breast cancer in the future.   Regards ....
Thank you for your response.  It helped put my mind at ease.